Other for any non-specific documentation.
Each game engine (and some specific games) have their own limitations which you should keep in mind:
data/uiscript/depths.txthas a hard limit of 69 layers. If this is exceeded, layers starting from the 70th will be ignored.
- Stage 2-4 (and by extension, 5-4, 8-4, 11-4) do not prioritize colors in the danger zone, presumably due to the vanilla level being Khufu's Revenge.
- Going over the maximum Map ID (25 for Luxor 2) crashes the game.
- Only a maximum of ~100 images can be loaded. Any more and the logs will show an "Out of Factory Nodes" error and any other images past it will not be loaded. To work around this, you may want to place images in atlases, or simply don't go overboard.
- You may want to look at the logs every time you crash after toggling Fullscreen. A potential reason for this is that the game reloads every single texture including unused ones.
- Setting the BlendMode to
NONEwill completely ignore the alpha. Omit the BlendMode property altogether if you wish to include it.
When developing mods, you may want to enable built-in cheats to test a specific level.
-unlockstagesto the executable.
-unlocklevelsallows you to select a specific level from the currently selected stage when starting a new game.
-unlockstagesallows you to select a specific stage when starting a new game.
Luxor 2 (and games that use it's engine)
Open it's Options menu and press
PgDown at the same time. This will open a dialog asking if you want to enable cheats permanently for the current profile.
Once enabled, you can go to Options > Cheats to access the following cheats:
Unlock All Stages - Similar to
-unlockstages. This will allow you to select a specific stage when starting a new game. This also unlocks all maps in Survival, Practice and Pharaoh's Challenge (Luxor 2).
Unlock All Levels - Similar to
-unlocklevels. allow you to select a specific level from the currently selected stage when starting a new game.
- Unlock Challenge of Horus - Unlocks the Challenge of Horus mode.
- Enable Super Easy Mode - Only initially available on the HD remasters and Evolved, but is present in Luxor 2 via state machine and UI editing. This will set all levels' winCondition to 1, and set all scarab train sphere counts to 1.
- Time Scale - Only available on the HD remasters and Evolved. This adjusts the speed of the game, so don't put it too high or too low.
Mod Debugging & Errors
You're in the middle of testing and you just made something new. And then when it loads... BAM! Your game explodes and you have no idea where to look.
- Luxor 1/AR: Check the luxor.log or luxorAR.log file and scroll to the bottom. Look out for any warnings about missing files, invalid characters/syntax, etc.
Luxor 2 and games that use it's engine: Check your Documents/MumboJumbo folder. Each game has it's own folder:
- Luxor 2:
- Luxor 1 HD:
Luxor 1 HD
- Luxor 2 HD:
Luxor 2 HD
- Luxor AR HD:
Luxor Amun Rising HD
- Luxor Evolved:
- Myth Match:
- Neopets Codestone Quest:
- Luxor 2: